A Day Hike with Food & Drink 🍺
An international companion for hidden gems
- 🥾 = hiking
- 🚶♂️ = walking
- 🍺 = drink
- 🍽 = food
- 🛏 = accomodation
- Escalante Escapes
- Luxury tiny houses
- View, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom
- Golden Cathedral trail
- Four wheel drive with high clearance required. You should be able to rent one locally.
- The cathedral and the view going down
- This is a remote area without any good beer. Bring your own or be sorry.
- Prescott Brewing Company
- The Raven
- Crossroads Cafe
San Diego, CA
- Cocktails at Kindred bar. It's across the street from the Buona. Southpark Brewing is what you might expect.
- Buona Forchetta
- Snoqualmie Falls
- Spend an hour here before or after Bare Mountain
- Bare Mountain
- The view at the top is enjoyable even on a cloudy day. Bring some snacks and take some breaks to enjoy the views.
- Gianfranco Ristorante Italiano
Faial Island, Azores (Horta)
- Western most point of Europe
- Spend a few hours here early in the day to avoid the crowds
- You will need a guide to hike down into the volcano. Use this agency and ask for Jack.
- No guide required if you only want to walk around the rim
- About 4-5 hours roundtrip. It can be cold, windy, and rainy. Bring a rain jacket and some gloves.
Pico Island, Azores
- Pico Mountain
- Call the center and ask for the weather conditions before you take a ferry or plane to the island.
- Return to Horta by ferry for dinner
- Fado is great but the food is expensive and the service is horrible. Still worth doing.
- Check out the licorice selection in the grocery stores. This is your chance to try out licorice with Salmiak at an affordable price.
- Top drops
- The Beer Store
- Luxury beers are at the very back left corner of the store.
- Nerd Brewing Company (Sweden)
- Põhjala (Estonia)
- Trappist Westvleteren
- $20 but top 3 beers I've ever drank.
- All hikes require offline maps
- Research the amount of water you will need for a hike
- Bring plenty of snacks
e-mail: adam.t.hallett@[that famous google product].com